- They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
- Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
- They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
- They fell with their faces to the foe.
- They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
- Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
- At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
- We will remember them.
25th of April is ANZAC day.
It commemorates all New Zealanders and Australians killed in war and also honours returned servicemen and women.
Here is a collection of reminders and traditions of ANZAC day for our family.