Today I decided to create some art using this photo of Dan and Chelsea I took on our recent family holiday in Ruakaka.
I played with the colour making the picture more blue with less contrast and then using our home printer I printed it out.
I then found this scrappy piece of Ply wood….
….and gave it a thin coat of white acrylic paint
When the paint was dry I applied a thick layer of Open Acrylic Gel Medium, while it was still wet I placed my picture print-out face down on top
When it was dry (I left it overnight) I gently rubbed the paper off with a wet sponge leaving an imprint of the picture behind!
The effect is really interesting and I was surprised how easy it was, I think I might try this again on a different surface like fabric.